Thursday, February 21, 2013

REVIEW: Pamphleteers - Bloodshot (self-released)

I saw Pamphleteers for the first time recently and they've shortly become one of my favorite Chicago bands.  Their sound is an amazing synthesis of rock n' roll styles that they make their own.  'Bloodshot' is a great example.  I hear punk, new wave, noise, pop and even...dare I say...classic rock?  Yup.  I just did.  Also, I love the sound of this recording.  Its a high-end production style that still retains the grit and snarl of their live performances.  This song will be on one side of a split 12" with Blasted Diplomats (another great band from Chicago).  Not sure exactly where/when you'll be able to pick it up, but we'll let you know if we hear anything.  You can listen to/purchase this track [and a bunch more] here.

p.s. check out the package on that colonial chap in the picture....nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment