Thursday, March 28, 2013

OLD SHIT: The Who - My Generation LP (Virgin)

I know, I know...It's not like anyone on earth doesn't know who this band is or heard this album's two hits ('My Generation' and 'The Kids Are Alright') a million fucking times (thanks, Clearchannel), but trust me this LP is worth a thorough checking out (or revisiting).  The Who's My Generation is a nearly perfect album (aside from Roger Daltrey's somewhat embarrassing impersonation a black man on Muddy Waters' 'I'm a Man') and the best the band ever sounded on record.  Keith Moon's genius especially shines through as he basically reinvents the drums for 12 straight tracks culminating in 'The Ox'- a 4-minute instrumental scorcher.  Fuck Tommy or (god help us) Quadraphenia...THIS is The Who and you can carve that into my headstone for all eternity to witness.  Don't believe me?  Check it, bitches...


No comments:

Post a Comment